My Amazing Husband...and My beautiful Daughter

Saturday, February 6, 2010

It happened again....Father is so funny!






To say I am surprised...would be ....well a lie...It seems to happen more and more.

I saw "him" again, a different "him" but all the same. Right?!
I was on a job again. As I stepped out of my car, there he was. He was in a wheelchair this time. He looked to be paralyzed from the waist down. My first thought. I should pray. But again I walked by, because of course he was talking to some one, and Who am I? I proceeded to complete my job, and as I was getting my coffee, I see him.
"Can you hand me one of those black coffee lids?" he says.

"Sure"

"Can I put it on the cup for you?"

"Can you put 5 sugars in it?"

We continued this conversation for about 4 minutes as I prepared his latte for him and put it in a tray and sat it on his lap. I blessed him to have a good day, but could not get any more words out.




Again, interaction happened, yet I was the one paralysed. Paralysed by my own unbelief, unbelief in what? That things could actually be different? that God would show up? It is more than a fear of praying or mentioning Jesus' name. I can do that no problem. It is more the Americanizing of my thought life, of "there is just bad things in the world"


I am reminded of an old quote.

Evil prevails when Good men/women do Nothing.

What if the "bad" things, or things that we see "as just the way they are" are all because Good does not prevail.

Graham Cooke once said. They we should be know for our goodness; We are ambassadors of Christ. My "job" is to be His ambassador. I should be known for my radical goodness, kindness, and outlandish generosity.

How do I dare to believe that Cancer is just not the way things are? How do I believe that we just get sick when we get old? Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a natural end to our life here. But what if it is meant to be a "good" passing. Like Moses. Who was at his full health and eye site.

In a day and age where I am saddled with things that take my money uselessly like health insurance, (insurance from what? I thought I had heavenly insurance?) If I am to live without insurance, I better believe in the supernatural power of the Father to heal ALL disease, not just the "easy" ones. Check Spelling

So again how do I start to believe? With each day I get a little closer. Most days as you see I fail miserably. I can't get by the social interaction of life. But I know HE is faithful and will keep sending them, and each time I will get better. I just keep asking the question, "What stopped me?" and "Okay Father, you've got to change that one"
I know the Father has me on this journey.


Do I dare soar? I think I take my chances.
Because If I want to see things I have never seen before, I have got to DO things I've never done before.



No comments: