My Amazing Husband...and My beautiful Daughter

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

As I open my heart I am overwhelmed.

So as most of you know my husband and I started our own business a little over three years ago. We were just becoming fluid when the recession hit. God has graciously supplied our Manna each week and is teaching us how to daily and weekly depend upon Him. Anyway most of that is a story for another day.

Through these last 2 years, we have committed to continue giving and even give more. One of the ways we love to give is to have money in our pocket to give away. Once we decided to do this we would surprisingly not see anyone on the street. As we give the money we want to also bless the person. We also want to see people healed. Now this has been a little more of a stretch for me as you will see.

I have been working non stop making money when ever and where ever I can. This brings me to my story. I was in between jobs and stopped into the down town Rite Aid on the corner of Broad and Boulevard. I noticed Him as I entered and thought "I want to see him healed" You see he walked with a limp, because his right foot was at a 90 degree angle. My heart broke, yet I could not muster the faith to pray. As I walked around the store to get what I needed. He walked by and greeted me. I smiled and said "Hello". As I walked by I scolded myself, "how hard would it have been to pray" "What if God moved?" I started walking around the store again and we met again. He asked for a few quarters because he was a little short. We are strapped I am digging quarters out of the couch for myself. But I reached into my purse and gave him a dollar. As he left I again had a argument between The Father and Me.

I caught him as he started to exit the door, And gave him the last $5 in my purse. Then I put my items back and walked out the door. I was excited as I exited, but my heart was broken.

I wish I could sit on the street corner and give $5 away to everyone in need. I wish I had prayed for him.

I have found as I start to open my heart up to have compassion for others, I am overwhelmed. There is so much need.

I need a greater experience of faith. I don't chastise myself but I do ask the hard questions. Such as what prevented me from praying?

I love this journey...I love where God is taking me.....

My Daughter had a similar experience as we walked down Cary Street to go to the $2 movies. She gave her money away and had none left for popcorn. As we entered the theatre I found her crying and said "honey you did not have to give it away, if you did not want to" To which she replied. "I can't stand to see so many people in need!"

No comments: